The purposes for which this Association is organized are as follows:
- Promote good lake and reservoir management and the general welfare in lake ownership or management organizations.
- Promote sound stormwater management practices on a watershed basis.
- Disseminate information to the membership which will tend to improve the policies of lake and watershed management organizations.
- Disseminate information to the membership regarding governmental developments in the field.
- Promote and represent the Association in the development of research and standards for lake and other water resource management.
- Seek enforcement of laws which affect lakes and other water resources and watersheds.
- Promote the welfare of lake and other water resource and watershed management interests in any other ways which may be deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.