The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) eLOMA (Electronic Letter of Map Amendment) tool to provides licensed land surveyors and professional engineers with an internet-based system to submit a variety of LOMA requests as a faster alternative to using the standard application process. The eLOMA tool is available to any licensed professional who registers through FEMA’s Mapping Information Platform (MIP), which is located online at https://hazards.fema.gov. This presentation will:
- Provide a summary of the eLOMA tool.
- Outline improvements to the eLOMA process such as the expansion of accepted request types and application tracking via the new user workbench.
- Highlight plans for future user trainings and web-based learning opportunities.
- Provide insight into how the accuracy of eLOMA submittals correlates directly to audit frequency.
- Discuss the steps necessary to achieve eLOMA Super User status to reduce the number of audited submittals.